Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sorry for the late reply was at school all day

not sure about 2nd get..but there's ways to make things work..

and ya it's still available...i'll post pics up tomorrow morning when the sun's out

·
Registered
122 Posts
PM Sent
Red, what sort of modification am I looking at? Can my dealership do it for me? I don't REALLY want to "mod" my midpipe so that stock won't fit on it again, although I suppose I could just get a new mid...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
PM Sent
Red, what sort of modification am I looking at? Can my dealership do it for me? I don't REALLY want to "mod" my midpipe so that stock won't fit on it again, although I suppose I could just get a new mid...
pretty much any and all midpipe modifications would be permanent..mainly because you'd have to weld...but i think for the 2nd gens, there's not a lot to it! the r6 v's are a pain because you have to cut off the cat and weld a y pipe...

i'd probably take it to a local exhaust shop and see if they can bend you a pipe you can clamp on so that way it's not permanent...

·
Banned
3,295 Posts
PM Sent
Feel free to PM me if this does not clear it up. I've had a Leo, GYTR fit my midpipe snug and no problem. The Yoshi should not be any different and was looking for a 3rd gen Yoshi for my 05 until I finally found a shortened 2gen Yoshi. But yes your dealer can do it or even you.

IF NEEDED, you just need to either shrink or enlarge where your midpipe connects to the exhuast. Very simple to do. Just meausre the Yoshi's end and then make it fit your midpipe. But this is a BIG if, assuming that this pipe does not fit snug on your midpipe.

add: if you want to see pics, I still have some when I had a 08 Leo slip on, on my 05. lmk

·
Premium Member
17,965 Posts
I have this pipe in CF and it sounds sexy as hell.

Yoshi are one of my favorite pipes that are actually affordable...

Free bump :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts