Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
quick survey...

1. do you wear any kinda m/c designed pants when you ride?

2. if so how often?

3. what kind do you wear (and a quick review of them)?

-chris sedition

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Nope. Unless I'm planning on hard riding, then I just wear my full leathers.

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
i just wear some good ole school blue jeans. im planin on gettin some mc pants of some kind soon as i find the money though. :cheers

·
max speed
242 Posts
For a long ride I will always wear my leathers. For a short commute or easy cruise I wear jeans. I bring jeans along in a backpack so that I can change into them if I am riding somewhere for the day.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Well I used to ride in my "lucky" jeans until I binned it and the EMT's cut them off of me......Now when I ride I just wear whatever pair of jeans is the closest to me.....

I don't ride that much cuz I have to ride my buddy's bike but when I get another bike I think I'm gonna invest in a full leather and maybe try and find some nice mc pants to wear.....

·
Registered
786 Posts
jeans for me as well.....When I get another bike... it's gonna be tough to decide...... I'd either go leather.... or some Icon TiMax to match my jacket..... Of course, if money grew on trees.... I'd get some of the BMW textiles..... they look the SHIT, but cost like $400 cdn (half the price of a leather jacket)

·
Registered
476 Posts
I ride in Jeans, but I dont like it. I want to get pants, but I just got riding boots and have to wait to save the money.

Jeans are rather useless...

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
echoes said:
Aww here is where you're wrong.....they are more useful then some shorts.....of course they're not going to be as strong as some leather duds or even kevlar lines pants but they'll save your legs from a complete thrashing.....they did mine....still I would suggest just not falling off..... :hammer

·
Registered
476 Posts
RSixxr said:
echoes said:
Aww here is where you're wrong.....they are more useful then some shorts.....of course they're not going to be as strong as some leather duds or even kevlar lines pants but they'll save your legs from a complete thrashing.....they did mine....still I would suggest just not falling off..... :hammer
I personaly think its moronic to wear shorts on a bike... I tell my roomate this all the time, but he doesnt seem to care. :poke

Unless something is going to protect you like leather or kevlar, then to me its rather useless when it comes to serious protection.

I know Im playing with fire by wearing jeans, 1/3 of my body is covered in a japanese tattoo and if I go down and get rash on my ass or back of my theighs, my tat is going to be fucked, thus the uselss statment.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
I'd definately be protecting my investment, your tatoo in this case, with some leathers or something to that effect.....you got any pics of that 1/3 of the body tat?? Sounds rather interesting....

·
Registered
476 Posts
RSixxr said:
I'd definately be protecting my investment, your tatoo in this case, with some leathers or something to that effect.....you got any pics of that 1/3 of the body tat?? Sounds rather interesting....
I always wanted an excuse to be able to wear leather pants without my girl laughing at me... so much :hammer

I do wear a perf leather jacket everytime along with gloves and now boots. Just need to invest in an alarm when I get back from vacation and then its off to the pants store :boob

I have some pics of the tat, but I dont want to hijack this thread, so in a few hours when Ive smoked enough herb and get bored teasing loki, Ill fire up a tattoo thread :hump

·
Registered
75 Posts
if you must wear jeans. if you can i would wear some riding pants or leather. i went down in a parking lot going about 20 and ripped the knee right out of my fav jeans and tore up my knee. but i know it would have been worse in shorts.

·
Registered
476 Posts
deltaonex said:
assless chaps. only way to go.
haHAHAHHaaa... you get me some and I will ride with pride my brother!
id even put a r6-forum sticker on one of my but cheeks and just ride standing up. :hammer

·
Registered
476 Posts
gcofieldd said:
Hey echoes, do you ride with a guy named Neal. He has a blue R1, with a full micron system.
I dont know a neal here in Naples... What year is his bike? I think my other friends might have seen him around.

I dont really know much about the other riders here in town, aside from my small close nit group. So many jacker beefcakes on GXR's... I don't even bother.

Although I did see some ladies on r6's and tried to chace them down, but lost them by the time I could make a u-turn :D I think one of them is on this board? It all happend so fast, but all I saw was an r6 with a female on it... the rest is a blur :hammer

·
Registered
586 Posts
jeans for me. but also have a pair of vans cargos that are just as heavy as jeans. that is unless i'm going to work,then its kakis and a dress shirt, i'm looking sweet, haha

1 - 20 of 20 Posts