Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know most of us have the yami-tick. I was curious to see what rpm ranges the tick is most constant at. Does your tick dissipate when you get up to a certain range or does your tick stay loud all the way through.

...I was riding at like 8k yesterday and my tick sounded SO loud. Do i possibly have a different problem? Seems loud at all ranges.

·
Premium Member
30,458 Posts
mines pretty ornery at about 4k... after (under EXTREME acceleration) i start getting tunnel vision/hearing and don't care what it sounds like, only what it feels like. sorry... that's my own fault for not paying attention to the thing that's carrying my life on it's back.

·
What about what?
6,755 Posts
I know most of us have the yami-tick. I was curious to see what rpm ranges the tick is most constant at. Does your tick dissipate when you get up to a certain range or does your tick stay loud all the way through.

...I was riding at like 8k yesterday and my tick sounded SO loud. Do i possibly have a different problem? Seems loud at all ranges.
Allow me to help. This link explains all the how's and why's of said tick...

The Yamaha Tick

·
Registered
23 Posts
first off snowbizx, bastard, second on my 2000 the tick was pretty loud on yamalube but then i swtiched to mobile 1 20w-50 synthetic and it got a lot quieter or i just got used to it, on my 2006 it just has a little tick not near as loud as the 2000.

one option try synthetic or just wear earplugs or a helmet or both

Andrew

·
Redline.......White Light
751 Posts
WAHHHHH!! MY BIKE TICKS..... what a bunch of babies.

HAHAHA jk

Hey, You guys do know that you do have 8 FRIGGIN INJECTORS 6 inches from your head right???? everyone do me a favor and buy a automotive stethoscope, and lift your fuel tank, start your engine and put it on the injector.....LISTEN. tick tick tick. Listen to an other fuel injected engine, tick tick tick. Not saying this is all of your problems, but my 2008 r6 with 3500 miles does it. Sounds fine to me.

OHH yeah, that whole thing was with full sarcasm, but that is my finding.

·
Living 1/4 mile at a time
1,143 Posts
lol, they all tick.. its the nature of the beast... since I have used Synthetic it has got a lot quieter. I come to like it.... (the ticking) hehe

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.