Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is probably the dumbest question ever asked on this board but here it goes. is there a company that makes a sissy bar for the R6? Go ahead make your jokes, it is a rediculous question :hammer I am asking because my my girl friend won't go on long rides with me because she says it is too uncomfortable. I have tried to make her sit in different positions but nada. I just wanted something really small and super easy to remove, gotta keep the woman happy :boob

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
you could probably have one fabbed up that bolts to your subframe but then you'd probably have holes in your tail too. It can be down, as with everything, it comes down to $.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Easy fix

Okay, I had the same problem with my R6 and my wife..so the easiest thing I could think of was to buy a Yamaha V star Silverado. I told her that I wanted a bike for me and a bike for "us"...she didn't like the idea of spending the money, but she wants to ride but doesn't want to ride on the R6, which between you and me, suits me just fine.
Ash

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
how does she ride on the bike, does she bend over and hold onto you around your waist the whole time. if so tell here to actually let go a little and hold onto you with herhands on your sides. that way she can sit up more and not be so uncomfortable. also make her squeeze you with her knees around you hip area or whereever they come in contact with you. and when you do have to turn she can then wrap around you for better control, works good for the women ive had on my bike :cheers

·
Registered
46 Posts
???

Am I reading it right that Penfold has 1000002719 posts? Dude, that a serious issue :mrgreen:

·
looking for more curves
1,883 Posts
Re: ???

fireblade31003 said:
Get her a bike so she can ride with you. Mine will not even hope on the back of mine for anything.
Sounds like my wife; I have no problem with that, saves me a ton on extra gear! Plus if I fall I only mess up myself, not her too.

LVR6RIDER said:
Am I reading it right that Penfold has 1000002719 posts? Dude, that a serious issue :mrgreen:
Pen is our little post whore. He sends alot of time on the site. But like his signature says, he is to be FeAreD!! :poke

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well she began holding onto me around the waist and leaning oon my back, but by doing that her helmet kept hitting mine plus my arms would get tired so fast from holding up my weight plus hers. I tried telling her, what loki1313 suggested, by sitting up more upright and just hold onto my waist with her hands, but she didn't like that ( I think she is just trying to make things difficult). A new bike is not in the budget right now, plus I am not ready to get rid of the R6. I guess it will be solo riding for now until I can figure something out, Thanks for the suggestions.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey, that ain't a bad idea, i will have to show her that and see what she says.

·
Registered
829 Posts

LVR6RIDER said:
I gave him the 100000 in front of the 2719. One of these days I will set it back correctly. He is the post whore of posts whores though.

-DJ1298

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Code said:
Cool :cheers

My wife goes on long rides with me and she seems to do fine. She just wraps her arms around me and places her hands on the tank.
That's what my g/f tried doing the last time we rode, I kept telling her to be careful with her rings, and she just got mad at me.

:drink

·
Registered
524 Posts
big_vincent said:
That's what my g/f tried doing the last time we rode, I kept telling her to be careful with her rings, and she just got mad at me.

:drink
HA HA!! Women! Get used to it. My 3 year anniversary is tomorrow and my wife can still drive me nuts. :poke :hammer

·
Registered
4,156 Posts

drhodes said:
Pen is our little post whore. He sends alot of time on the site. But like his signature says, he is to be FeAreD!! :poke
That's Loki.....he's to be feared. he's from texas so he likes steers and queers so you better watch your backsides fellas cuz they are almost out of steers down there!

dj9821 said:
He is the post whore of posts whores though.
I have never had such a wonderful compliment paid to me before! Now, where did I leave that damn stun gun.....

anyways, since my wife hates my bike, I don't have to worry about goin 2up at any point. besides, what good would it be if I can't hear her yelling over my pipe at 13k rpm's!

·
Registered
527 Posts

penfold said:
drhodes said:
That's Loki.....he's to be feared. he's from texas so he likes steers and queers so you better watch your backsides fellas cuz they are almost out of steers down there!

dj9821 said:
He is the post whore of posts whores though.
I have never had such a wonderful compliment paid to me before! Now, where did I leave that damn stun gun.....

anyways, since my wife hates my bike, I don't have to worry about goin 2up at any point. besides, what good would it be if I can't hear her yelling over my pipe at 13k rpm's!

Yea like she will let you go out now!!! :mrgreen:

How the son doing if he's not going fine I'm taking my honeymoon to CT and bother you the whole week I'm gone.

·
Registered
130 Posts
if you have a 99-02 R6 corbin makes a front and rear seat for the R6 (newer bikes they only make the front). Now, the part they don't tell you is that corbin makes a backrest for almost every other seat they have, they also do custom work. The backrests are removable. they plug into a little hole with a cover on it. I have a corbin seat on the ZZR, they are quite nice!

This would obviously be a special request, and will probably take 6 weeks to get, but seems plausable

oh yeah, the bad news is that a rear seat is $159 and a backrest is $199,

you should call and see if they will make seat with a backrest plug.

99-02 yamaha r6 seat:
http://www.corbin.com/yamaha/yamr6.shtml

YFZ 600 page (shows packrest)
http://www.corbin.com/yamaha/yzfr6gl.shtml

1 - 20 of 25 Posts