Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi There,,
well i have a 2008 yamaha yzfr6
it turns off when i put the first gear..
i already Disable the Sidestand Switch
but it still the sambe problem.. the engine shut off..
i dont know what colud bee.. all the fouses
are good and all the conections looks fine..

additional info my bike was stoped almost 6 months at
my garage...

thanks for ur your time...

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
If you do not have any engine code popping up, Double check wiring under tank, one wire in particular can connect to two different locations only one being correct, i believe it was the neutral switch if i remember correctly... It runs next to battery, small black plug i believe 2 wires

This would only be the case if someone has been messing with wiring but i had same exact issue when rebuilding my destroyed 08 r6, its kinda whack it actually you can even connect it wrong imho

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well the neutral sensor was the first thing what i changue,, because when the neutral sensor was.. my bike didnt start, just the panel lights turn on but no neutral light.. i changue the neutral light and this problem was solved.. but after that.. when i try to ride .. pummm sorprice!! it shut off when i put the first gear.. so now im stock on it... i think it can the wiring too. i already waiting for the new kickstand sensor... but i know it can be another simple thing (i hope that) and another thing... the fan in the radiator system.. are they turn on when the bike getting hot like the cars or they turn on automatically when u turn the bike on??
and the autochek system dont give me any code..
it really start very good and the motor sounds very cool..
but letme take another check for the wiring on the bottom of the gas thank..
thank u man

·
Banned
7,347 Posts
The wiring of the kick stand must be damaged or the clutch lever switch possibly.

If it was crashed u might need to cut the jacket off the wiring to see if one is cut.

This happened to my friend after he crashed. We had to fix it on the side of the road

·
Meh
9,250 Posts
Pummm sorprice indeed. The fans only turn on when the bike gets hot. Mine turns on at 212* Fahrenheit - not sure if the later years are the same. My R1 turns on at 220.

If the bike turns off when you put it in first gear, it's got to be something with the sidestand switch wiring.

·
Registered
287 Posts
^ what he said. double triple check!

did you disable it after the plug? perhaps the plug has a bad connection. jump it at the harness

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
If u wanna be certain its not the sidestand, clip wires and crimp them together, bypassing the switch.

I double checked all my wiring ****in 4 times and was getting very, very frustrated.. I had replaced entire wiring harness front and back, ended up being i plugged that one connecter under tank to the wrong spot, its the only thing on the whole bike u can honestly do that to, all other connectors only fit where they should.

If the bike is starting in neutral and insta dies upon shift into 1st gear theres only 3 options, transmission is jammed, but other than that its sidestand switch or neutral switch

With bike off and on stands , put in first gear and rotate rear wheel by hand to make sure transmission is fine but honestly the bike would make much different noise when cutting out if that was it

My moneys on the neutral switch conected wrong cuz im mechanically inclined and still made the silly mistake

·
Meh
9,250 Posts
If u wanna be certain its not the sidestand, clip wires and crimp them together, bypassing the switch.

I double checked all my wiring ****in 4 times and was getting very, very frustrated.. I had replaced entire wiring harness front and back, ended up being i plugged that one connecter under tank to the wrong spot, its the only thing on the whole bike u can honestly do that to, all other connectors only fit where they should.

If the bike is starting in neutral and insta dies upon shift into 1st gear theres only 3 options, transmission is jammed, but other than that its sidestand switch or neutral switch

With bike off and on stands , put in first gear and rotate rear wheel by hand to make sure transmission is fine but honestly the bike would make much different noise when cutting out if that was it

My moneys on the neutral switch conected wrong cuz im mechanically inclined and still made the silly mistake
Crimping the wires together at the side stand isn't going to help if there's a break somewhere else in the harness. You need to check continuity along the wires that lead to the switch first.

I fail to see how it could be the neutral switch. If that were the problem, you wouldn't be able to fire the starter when the transmission was in neutral - it wouldn't make the bike die when you kicked it into gear. The only thing it could be is an issue with the side stand switch, no?

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Crimping the wires together at the side stand isn't going to help if there's a break somewhere else in the harness. You need to check continuity along the wires that lead to the switch first.

I fail to see how it could be the neutral switch. If that were the problem, you wouldn't be able to fire the starter when the transmission was in neutral - it wouldn't make the bike die when you kicked it into gear. The only thing it could be is an issue with the side stand switch, no?
Yea you are right with sidestand i didnt really think you could damage it anywhere cuz it run inside but it is possibility.

Id have to go look at wiring diagram again about neutral switch but stuck in hospital although i think ur right, it may have been the plug to tye sidestand that i had plugged to wrong connection, cant remember.
I know it was a black plug that i had connected to the wrong female end, and was the only one you could do that to, it had to run along the battery to rear of bike but i had connected it to some other black plug located towards the right side of injector rail.

Ops problem honestly sounds like exactly what i had done

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i know it is a issue caused by the sidekick stand wiring,, and i already check the wiring.. one of the cables (blue with a black line) it goes to a small black box in a side of the battery.. and the other cable going under the gas thank.. i am stuck there... i never see too many cables loaded in a freaking small place -_-
the neutral switch isn't.. because when i had that problem the bike didnt turn on...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts