Circuit: Autódromo Termas de Río Hondo
Circuit Length: 4.806 m

Bike # 5 – Johann Zarco
FP1: P3; 1:46.597 – 22 laps
FP2: P1; 1:45.066 – 19 laps

Weather
FP1: (Conditions) Dry; (air temp) 20°, (track temp) 24°
FP2: (Conditions) Dry; (air temp) 24°, (track temp) 33°

Day one on track at the all new Autódromo Termas de Río Hondo saw AirAsia Caterham Moto Racing rider Johann Zarco get off to a flying start.

The Frenchman topped the timesheets for the majority of FP1 before being knocked off the top spot in the final moments and finishing the session in third place.

Continuing his progress in FP2 Johann Zarco chipped away at his time throughout the 45 minute session. With only seconds remaining he launched himself into P1 with a time of 1’45.066.

#5 Johann Zarco:

“It’s been a good day today. To finish the Friday in first position is good for the mind. I feel happier than I was in Austin as I am pushing less on the bike.

“For most of the riders this is the first time that they have seen the track. It was difficult at the beginning because there wasn’t much grip and the bike was sliding a lot but I was able to adapt myself and stay consistent with my times.

“This afternoon we made a big step and I feel a lot more comfortable and faster on the bike. It has been a positive day and hopefully we will continue in this way.

“Tomorrow morning we still have something to try but I have to keep this good base and easy feeling as this will be the key for the race.”

Gary Reynders – Crew Chief to Johann Zarco:

“Today went well. We did a lot of laps on the race tyre and we did some small adjustments on the bike to find a good consistent setting. When we went to new tyres we improved by more than one second and I think now with the rhythm Johann is in with the 1m45s, if we had to race tomorrow we are already set to fight for the podium.”

Attachments

·
"The Dude abides .. "
4,719 Posts
was bummed to see him make the tire choice he/they did.. at least from what i heard during the race, he was the only one on the softer of the 2 front choices.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts