Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After hearing all the good reviews on ZG and Puig Windscreen , I decided to purchase the ZG Double Bubble Windscreen . I bought the Zero Gravity Windscreen from an Amazon Vendor (Performance Motorsport) . When I got my windscreen I was excited to install it. It came in a giant plastic bag with instructions of how to install and a warning stating that it cannot be return after opened. Took a quick look around on the plastic bag and everything seems okay so I opened it to install and lo and behold look what I got. Also the plastic bag was not a clear plastic and it had instructions printed all over it , so it was kinda difficult to see through it. I'll take a photo of it later tonight.

I called the company and this was their response

We cannot take windscreens back once the package has been opened per the manufacturer policy (see sticker on package), that way I may be able to get them to send you another one.

So now I'm waiting for them to get back to me as what the rep has to say. What a piece @#[email protected]#$ product.

·
Premium Member
20,432 Posts
I don't know if just cause you had a slight issue with yours that it rules all their products as a POS.

Hopefully they get yours fixed up, honestly though its hardly noticeable and could probably get touched up with a sharpie marker or small touch up paint.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wouldn't mind it so much if I only paid 20 bucks for the product, but if I paid full price ($87+ ) I expect the same quality that everyone else gets. I'm also a little OCD everything have to be perfect. LOL .

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts
I wouldn't mind it so much if I only paid 20 bucks for the product, but if I paid full price ($87+ ) I expect the same quality that everyone else gets. I'm also a little OCD everything have to be perfect. LOL .
:lmao

Judging by your post, you are more than a little OCD.

I hear ya that you want a product that is 100%, but I bet you are the only one who will EVER notice whatever that little bit of damage is.. It's not cracked or anything right? It looks like it's just kind of chaffed maybe?

Realistically, the damage was most likely caused during shipping, etc.. How was the fit? Is the smoked color not purple and nice and dark? I bet it fits perfect and looks tits. Look at the upside of things man.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I actually had seen both of them ( Puig and ZG ) on the R6 and they both look awesome. But I like the ZG design much more. I just rode over to my buddy's place to make sure that I'm not crazy and his ZG was in much better condition than mine ( he had it installed for over 6 months and been riding day and night with it) .

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:lmao

Judging by your post, you are more than a little OCD.

I hear ya that you want a product that is 100%, but I bet you are the only one who will EVER notice whatever that little bit of damage is.. It's not cracked or anything right? It looks like it's just kind of chaffed maybe?

Realistically, the damage was most likely caused during shipping, etc.. How was the fit? Is the smoked color not purple and nice and dark? I bet it fits perfect and looks tits. Look at the upside of things man.
LMAO. There's absolutely nothing wrong with OCD. It's dark smoked that I got and it definitely doesn't look purplish like the Puigs does under the sun. The fit of the product was perfect when it comes to installing it. I'll take a pic later today.

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts
LMAO. There's absolutely nothing wrong with OCD. It's dark smoked that I got and it definitely doesn't look purplish like the Puigs does under the sun. The fit of the product was perfect when it comes to installing it. I'll take a pic later today.
See, look at it positively and you'll be good.

I have OCD too, but after a few bones, I could give 2 shits about a lot of things. :lmao

But really, the only thing wrong with it is that little white spot by the one mounting screw?

·
Stunt Rider
7,982 Posts
Cry me a freakin' river.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
there is prolly a good reason why you payed $20 for it:sing

you get what you pay for, just sayin
Paid 87 for it. What I meant was if I paid 20 for it , I wouldn't care if it was scratched.

I wouldn't make this assumption about all zero gravity stuff. Their shit is top notch and used by the pros. Mine works very well and have had 0 issues with it.
Yeah you are right. The one that my buddy had on his was still in very good condition after a couple months of use. I'm just annoyed that mine arrived damaged from the shipping.

See, look at it positively and you'll be good.

I have OCD too, but after a few bones, I could give 2 shits about a lot of things. :lmao

But really, the only thing wrong with it is that little white spot by the one mounting screw?
The windscreen is also scratch on most of it surface. Like micro scratches that you normally see on a black car under the sun. It looks like the plastic bag was rubbed against it causing it to scratch. If it doesn't get replaced by the vendor I'll try getting that plexus to try to buff it out but I doubt it as the damage looks like it under the second layer of the windscreen

·
Premium Member
30,458 Posts
zero gravity - the REAL stuff - is money. it's better optical quality plastic than the competition AND it's american made. hard to beat. call zero gravity directly - skip the vendor. just make sure you didn't buy a knock off - they're VERY common these days (even in ZG packaging). those chinese are pretty sneaky. :laugh

·
Car? What Car?
2,335 Posts
Is that little mark worth the hassle of getting a replacement screen? If there was other damage then I could see your point, but if thats all it is then you need more important things to do.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
zero gravity - the REAL stuff - is money. it's better optical quality plastic than the competition AND it's american made. hard to beat. call zero gravity directly - skip the vendor. just make sure you didn't buy a knock off - they're VERY common these days (even in ZG packaging). those chinese are pretty sneaky. :laugh
I took Agg's advice and emailed their customer service and I have to say I'm IMPRESSED with their service. Within 2 hours I got a response back

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. The screen you received is actually not damaged. But you received a screen that is an early version of that model that included indentations for the fasteners that were more of a race screen quality rather than a street quality. We changed that aspect of the screen awhile ago. So you must have received a screen that had been sitting on the shelf for awhile.

If you would like to send us this screen we will replace it will the updated version. Just call us at 1-XXX-XXX-XXXX and ask for a Return Authorization Number. Please explain that you would like to exchange it for an updated version and ask them to verify it with me. And please make sure to include a copy of this email with your screen along with your original invoice. We certainly hope that you enjoy your revised screen.

I'll post an update once I get the RMA and have this settled.

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts
Paid 87 for it. What I meant was if I paid 20 for it , I wouldn't care if it was scratched.

Yeah you are right. The one that my buddy had on his was still in very good condition after a couple months of use. I'm just annoyed that mine arrived damaged from the shipping.

The windscreen is also scratch on most of it surface. Like micro scratches that you normally see on a black car under the sun. It looks like the plastic bag was rubbed against it causing it to scratch. If it doesn't get replaced by the vendor I'll try getting that plexus to try to buff it out but I doubt it as the damage looks like it under the second layer of the windscreen
I took Agg's advice and emailed their customer service and I have to say I'm IMPRESSED with their service. Within 2 hours I got a response back

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. The screen you received is actually not damaged. But you received a screen that is an early version of that model that included indentations for the fasteners that were more of a race screen quality rather than a street quality. We changed that aspect of the screen awhile ago. So you must have received a screen that had been sitting on the shelf for awhile.

If you would like to send us this screen we will replace it will the updated version. Just call us at 1-XXX-XXX-XXXX and ask for a Return Authorization Number. Please explain that you would like to exchange it for an updated version and ask them to verify it with me. And please make sure to include a copy of this email with your screen along with your original invoice. We certainly hope that you enjoy your revised screen.

I'll post an update once I get the RMA and have this settled.
NICE! See, that shit is worth every penny of the $87 you paid!!

·
190rwhp......:eek5
10,295 Posts
I got my ZG screen from the same place you got yours...couldnt be happier...and believe me, Im very OCD as well.

Like chief said, it looks like chafing from shipping (not ZG's fault or craftsman ship flaws). Saying "Zero Gravity Windscreen - A Piece of shit" is a pretty bold statement and IMO over the top...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts