Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been thinking about running ZMax through my 2009 R6. Anyone have any experience with the stuff?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've used it in my cars. Says safe for all metals and engines.

On their website, under FAQ, the last title:
"How To Use zMAX Products in Multiple Vehicles"
the pdf link has instructions for motorcycle use

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've used it in my cars. Says safe for all metals and engines.

On their website, under FAQ, the last title:
"How To Use zMAX Products in Multiple Vehicles"
the pdf link has instructions for motorcycle use
Yeah I checked out their website, I was just hoping for someone that had some kind of results with it. Notice anything in your cars?

·
Banned
7,347 Posts
you can't use stuff like that because of your clutch. it will make it slip.
if it doesn't then it's no better than regular oil and you are wasting money paying for it. especially that stuff. it's way too expensive. isn't that stuff like $30 a bottle?

just buy some good oil and filters.
you don't need all that gimick shit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
you can't use stuff like that because of your clutch. it will make it slip.
if it doesn't then it's no better than regular oil and you are wasting money paying for it. especially that stuff. it's way too expensive. isn't that stuff like $30 a bottle?

just buy some good oil and filters.
you don't need all that gimick shit.
zMax can be used in any wet clutch as it has no additives in it. i've used it for 30 years in all engines including aircraft.

Go to Bob Is The Oil Guy web site. One of their founding members has provides quite a bit of info on zMax including all their testing that allowed them to keep every claim when the FTC challenged them back in 2001.

A guy named Ray Dlouty from Ray's Place in Chicago ( [email protected] ) used it for 40 years in cycles. Maybe drop him an email and ask him about it.

George Brice used it in all Angelle's NHRA Championship cycles.

It's FAA Approved for aircraft engines which are air cooled and run very hot.

Thanks

·
Go Ahead
2,705 Posts
I don't believe in Zmax. Never used it. What is their tactic on selling it? Having Carol Shelby promote it...and who else? No1. They have no creditability through anyone or anything else. At my store we are always forced to sell fuel injector cleaners and I don't believe in a single one.

-Ant.

·
Banned
7,347 Posts
I don't believe in Zmax. Never used it. What is their tactic on selling it? Having Carol Shelby promote it...and who else? No1. They have no creditability through anyone or anything else. At my store we are always forced to sell fuel injector cleaners and I don't believe in a single one.

-Ant.
actually FI/fuel system cleaners do work. most gas companies put cleaners in fuels but the lower grade fuel 87 uses the least amounts. the higher the grade the more cleaner is in it.
I've got 40+k miles on my bike and the valves are spotless. I use shell Vpower and every now and then run some Gumout Regain in the tank.
I've seen other guys' bikes on forums with only 10k miles and the valve is all gummed up with thick deposits.
I couldn't belive it.

I took my 97 GMC apart and the valve in it was spotless with 156k miles on them. and the injectors are still firing good.

·
Registered
4 Posts
so if it really works how does a clutch not slip? hocus pocus...buy my zmax. lol
The zMax linear molecule soaks into the metal 82 % deeper than a normal molecule alone. This was proven using the ASTM Test called the Auger Electron Spectroscopy test.

They have 2 million dollars of ASTM/SAE testing they did when the FTC challenged them back in 2001 and successfully kept every performance claim.

Heres how it works... A machined surface has machined tips that heat up and oxidize fuels and oils moving across them. The zMax oilweeps out of the metal porosity and dissipates the " excess frictional heat " which oxidizes the oil,etc.

You have a cooler surface for lubricants work on. I owned an FAA Aircfaft engine shop and used the product in my aircraft engines for 30 years.

I've taken cylinder bores 8000 hours ( 5 complete overhaul cycles ) without any boring or oversizing needed and they still had the original bores. Exhaust Valve/Guide deposits and wear are reduced 90 % consistently.

I'd even use it in my build up after heating the parts at 200 degrees, then build the engine the next day. The new metal tips never go hot and became brittle and inflexible right from break-in.

I've overhauled many helicopters with Wet Clutch Transmissions that share the same engine oil and zMax ( called AvBlend for aviation ) never slipped a wet clutch. Also I know guys in Chicago, like Ray Dlouty that have used it in wet clutches for years.

zMax by SAE definiton is not an additive. It's a Micro-Lubricant and it's pure. That's why it won't slip a wet clutch. It doesn't have a negative effect on friction as it reduces the excess frictional heat so lubricants moving across the surfaces don't oxidize as easy.

I'd recommend going to Bob Is The Oil Guy site and click on zMax. Theres some great info posted by one of their founding members named Johnny who has used it for 40 years.

Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts

-Ant.
Hey Anthony F,

I've got years of using it. May I try to steer you in the right direction. They have 2 million dollars of ASTM/SAE testing which includes running engines. There's NO product out there that can match it.

Go viosit the Bob Is The oil guy site,type in zMax and read... One of their founding members has used zMax for 40 years and posted many interesting things about it. give it a chance and read. I promise you, you'll learn a lot about it.

Shelby has used it for many years and with my aviation background, I know Shelby used it in his aircraft as well when he flew. You don't see Shelby putting his name to anything else ?

Foyt used it for over 30 years as well as famed aviator Dick Rutan. Guy's like George Brice used it in all of Angelle's championship bikes and I know this first hand.

Many pro's use zMax as an underground product but get the big dollars to put sponsor names on their bikes,etc so you'd never know it's used.

My heart is heavy with air cooled performance so I'd like you to look up, Sean D Tucker who is the worlds top aerobatic pilot and uses AvBlend which is zMax's sister product. Go to www.avblend.com and click on the Sean Tucker survival story.

Any engine we operate has HEAT as it's nemesis and the air cooled guy's set the bar due to the extreme temp's at the cylinder heads which can operate at 450 to 500 Degrees F.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,627 Posts
is it me or does ractek sound like a salesman, trying to pitch his/her product way too hard.

·
Registered
4 Posts
is it me or does ractek sound like a salesman, trying to pitch his/her product way too hard.
Not at all. No sales info being provided at all. Just trying to point members in a proper technical direction on the product as there is no knowledge about the product function, it's test data, field performance,etc.

Thanks

·
Waiting for remission...
2,444 Posts
I was thinking the same thing bro.

I used Zmax one time, about a week later my transmission stopped shifting properly and then it blew. Ended up costing me about $1500 in the end. Don't know if it was the Zmax or not but I'm not gonna risk it again.

·
Respect the 6
555 Posts
I was thinking the same thing bro.

I used Zmax one time, about a week later my transmission stopped shifting properly and then it blew. Ended up costing me about $1500 in the end. Don't know if it was the Zmax or not but I'm not gonna risk it again.
in your bike?

and i wana see where this stuff is FAA approved...

·
Waiting for remission...
2,444 Posts
Hell no! I used it in a car I used to have. There are only a few additives I would put in my bike and Zmax isn't one of them.

·
Waiting for remission...
2,444 Posts
zmax is for your engine, not tranny...:love
Zmax Complete Power Kit, it comes with a bottle of crap for your engine, one for your tranny and one for your tank.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
If you need to use an oil additive, you just need a better oil.

I do believe that the FTC was successful in its suit against Zmax. Zmax then got around it by claiming to treat the metal and not the oil, in which the suit was based on treating the oil.

The Best isn't cheap
Cheap isn't The Best

Bob

·
track junkie
2,257 Posts
IMO, snake oil. nothing more. i wouldn't touch that shit with a 10-foot pole...

s3aturnr

1 - 20 of 21 Posts