Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a 07 zx-10r on craigslist right now and it has been posted at least 3 times now so I know he hasn't gotten much interest in it. Now, I don't really need a new bike but when opportunity knocks, what am I to do? He is asking 6500 but I figure I can toss out a lowball and work from there. How much would you offer?

Pretty much brand new ZX-10R. 2600 miles, mostly freeway/commuting. The only thing wrong with this bike is that it was dropped at low speed on the left side, so a couple of the fairings are scratched. THAT'S IT! I bought this bike to be a street bike while I built my old bike into a track bike, but I got a great deal on an already built track bike and I decided to keep my old bike on the street. The only reason I'm selling this is because I have 3 bikes and I don't have the time or the room to own 3 bikes.

It has a new (around 200 miles) Pilot Power 2CT rear, speedohealer installed, and I'll even throw in a rear stand and service manual. Clean title in hand.

The factory warranty and registration are still good through August of this year.

email me for more info or bigger pictures or to make me an offer or whatever else

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If I fixed it up what would it be worth? I'll probably toss out 5k for starters. Any chance of flipping it for a profit

·
I eat YOUR MOM
2,111 Posts
5000 is more than he'll get on a trade in. i a dumped bike and looks rashed pretty bad. 5500 would be my top (if that). i would start at 5000 cash. it depends how bad you want the bike. he won't get what he's asking and thats almost guaranteed.

this is perfect condition...................
kbb.com

2007 Kawasaki ZX1000D Ninja ZX-10R Value
April 17, 2008
4-Cylinder
4-Stroke
998cc
Suggested Retail Value $8500 (retail does not mean privite party sale value)

2007 Kawasaki ZX1000D Ninja ZX-10R Value
April 17, 2008
4-Cylinder
4-Stroke
998cc
Trade-In Value (Good Condition) $5950

·
Registered
408 Posts
well I would check kbb.com and there is one other one but I would assume so. Depending on what year it is they blue book at around 6900.00 for a 2004.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so if I did pick it up for 5,000 I probably wouldn't be able to sell it for much more depending on the market.

I was thinking about buying it, enjoying it for a while and fixing it up and then selling it.

·
I eat YOUR MOM
2,111 Posts
if you got the cash and you like the bike $5000 is a good deal IMO. you paint it or fix the fairing you might make a little or even up. and if you have fun with it for a while and make your money back or maybe a little extra go for it.

·
Its in the 10's now
680 Posts
I would start low and go from there, but there is an 04 10r in jacksonville fl craigslist going for 8500 with few mods so take what you can get when you can get it.

·
Registered
52,013 Posts
$5K or less... It doesn't matter what is listed on CL or what it is going for. The guy with the 04 for $8.5K will be waiting for a while. It is a buyer's market; KBB provides a guideline, but anyone with good negotiation skills will be able to purchase for a lot less than said guideline.

·
I whore my R6
1,874 Posts
Does anybody have about 4999 I can borrow....

PLEASE
i know a place where you can borrow 4999, and you can pay it back in incriments instead of a lump sum, so its just a small amount every month, i think they call it a bank, you might have one around you:nocontrol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts