Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up guys...looking for opinions again...

A buddy that i ride with now and then just bought a brand new zx-6r(636). I saw this thing coming from a mile away cause it's bright ass orange but he already bolted on a jardine exhaust and it sounded pretty sweet. He let me test ride it for a while and i must admit that thte performance and handling was better than i expected, the postition wasn't bad either.

I'm thinking about getting a second bike aside from my six. I'm now thinking about either a zx-636 or maybe a gsxr 750(but the 04's are kinda ugly)...so what do you guys think of the 636?

·
Registered
270 Posts
I heard pretty good things about the 636. It has an awesome motor, lotsa power. Ride your Buddy's 636 and see how it handles.

·
Registered
222 Posts
redneck_r6 said:
What's up guys...looking for opinions again...

I'm thinking about getting a second bike aside from my six. I'm now thinking about either a zx-636 or maybe a gsxr 750(but the 04's are kinda ugly)...so what do you guys think of the 636?
The 636 makes the GSXR750 look like a heap of crap. I rode in a group and followed a 750 for a while. Man it looked beastly and lumbering (piloted by a squid, so that may have contributed a little) Can't say anything about the performance of the two bikes, since I've never ridden either, but I would rule out the Gixxer just on the looks. Between the Kat and the Gixxers, suzuki isn't gonna win any beauty contests. :hammer

·
Registered
170 Posts
The GSXR 750 seemed a bit too bulky and heavy. But that's just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
i've ridden a 04 750 and I really liked it. I'm also a big guy (6'3" 210) so I kind of like that stretched out position. i thought it handled pretty well but its got nothin on my 6, had lots of ass though i liked it...never got on that new Kaw but i like the looks of it..

IMO get the KAW everyone and their friends, and their friends friends, and their friends friends grandma has a suki...

·
Registered
347 Posts
i sit on a 750 before, and it's very comfortable. i like it. never sit on a 636 but i bet is pretty sweat.

it all came down to what do you what to do with your second bet

good luck

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
if you can, get the 6R and not the 636 as the 6R has some trick parts on it like a slipper clutch, radial brakes and inverted forks ( i think but they don't make a noticable diff on the stret from what I've heard. its more of a track thing).

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
i agree with loki 110%

i also heard that the kawi's if you do wheelies have a hard time with the oil while the bike is up in the air :?: i likt the 03-04 r6 better then the 636 anyways so i would save money and add a bunch of crap to the r6 or get the 04 shift red r1.....

ahhhh shift red r1.. :hump

oh yeah and polish it everyday so the radar guns bounce off itand you don't get pulled... :stupic

·
Registered
419 Posts
If you are going to get a Kawi you should look hard into getting a ZX10R. I have read so many good things about this bike. I am so convinced that I would probably get on if I were in the 1000cc market.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
you know i've also heard good things aabout the zx-10 too but i'm not really looking into the 1000cc market. I love the 600 class. I think i've ruled out the 750 cuz i don't think i could look at that ugly ass bike every day. anyway, thanks for all your opinions.

·
Registered
829 Posts
I saw a 636 at the dyno night. He pulled 109 hp at the wheel. He had a Jardine exhasut and Power Commander. Not to shabby. His was also that red/orange color. I like them, but love the R6.

-DJ1298 :cheers

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
109 isn't bad...what were some of the six's putting out?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts