Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So does anybody like the new zx6rs I think they have pretty cool styling and good paint to choose from and a nice 636 motor. Anybody race one on a r6 and what was the results.

·
Registered
995 Posts
I RACED A 636 ROUND A SECTION OF ROAD IN THE MIDLANDS WE USE. HE WAS FAST BUT DID`T HAVE IT ROUND CORNERS ANDTHE ROUNDABOUTS, SO NOT A IDEAL TEST OF WOT IT COULD DO.I LEFT HIM WISHIN HE HAD BOUGHT AN R6!!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Rode a friend's for a bit. Handles nice, power delivery is smooth as the R6 and seems to pull much better thru the mid-range.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I rode a friends. They have a whole lot of engine. You wouldn't think 36cc is that much but it sure pulls a lot harder. Also the front brakes were a little too touchy for my tastes. All in all I like my R6 and he likes his z. I can destroy him in twistys :pimp and he beats me in drags :asshole . My bike is more comfortable for long rides though.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Yes, the Zx is a nice new bike.......BUT, it's not a 600. It's got a whole 37cc's of most others. Hell i could buy a R6 and bore it out another 37cc's easily with the same cams etc.. and whip the the 636. Oh wait, the 636 barely makes more HP than the '03 R6! The '03 honda 600rr makes more ponies than the R6, but none of the 600's other than the gixxer have stronger mid-range's than the R6 and that's what counts i guess now. It must be the added weight of the gixxer that makes it lose to the R6. :stupic

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
And now i'm thinking of nicasil lined cylinders. Awesome designs and inventions....way stronger, allows tighter tollerances cold etc, and just plain allows for more horsepower develeopement. the only thing that sux about nicasiled cylinders is that they allow WAY less room for boring. Ie... they can rarely be fixed for the price of a new one, and they make them so tight in clearance, that you have about no room for boring. If you find any room for boring, then you need to send them off and have the re-niced and you've spend alot of money.

Oh well, fun is always equalling $$$ i guess.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I love the hell out of my girl-02 R6. Fuel injection baby! BOOOOOOOOYAA! :jump

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
R6_80922 said:
I love the hell out of my girl-02 R6. Fuel injection baby! BOOOOOOOOYAA! :jump
you have carburators...

·
Registered
831 Posts
Fuel injection came on the 2002 R1 and the 2003 R6. Maybe he mistyped...

-DJ1298

·
Registered
283 Posts
Over in Australia and in Euro I expect the R6 makes more power than the CBR. No idea why they don't over there but the local mag has had them on the dyno last 2 years and the R6 won by about 3hp. Ill find the artical and get exect figures.

·
Banned
4,022 Posts
Cral42 said:
Over in Australia and in Euro I expect the R6 makes more power than the CBR. No idea why they don't over there but the local mag has had them on the dyno last 2 years and the R6 won by about 3hp. Ill find the artical and get exect figures.
i think its not actuall HP but the HP the company claims that is bigger for the hondas here. but i could be wrong :cheers

1 - 20 of 20 Posts