How-to: Install UniqueMotoLights Mini H1 Projector kit into 2006 - 2012 R6 headlights : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6 Related Discussion > Appearance and Exterior Mods

Old 12-11-2011, 10:10 AM   #1
borka
Vendor

Bike: 05 SV650 Streetfighter
How-to: Install UniqueMotoLights Mini H1 Projector kit into 2006 - 2012 R6 headlights

This post contains the instructions on how to install our bkmoto Mini H1 HID projector kit into your 2006 - 2012 Yamaha R6 headlights.

You may use this post as a support forum for installation questions as well, and i will try to answer any questions that may arise.

This install is not difficult at all, just follow these instructions.

I offer professional installation as well, you can send me in your headlight and i will install this kit, add any options you want like angel eyes, dual angle eyes, black out reflectors etc... and will return your headlight to you completely assembled and plug and play.

Professional Installation costs $250 + the cost of the kit from our website with your selected options.. (You mail us your headlight)

For more information about the kit or to purchase yours please see this post:
http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150382

Our website to order is:
http://www.bkmoto.com

We now sell completely assembled plug and play headlights!
http://www.bkmoto.com/index.php?rout...ory&path=82_86

Full installation videos:

Part 1

Parts 2

Last edited by borka; 03-31-2014 at 08:44 AM.
borka is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2011, 11:17 AM   #2
ChiefSmokeDawg
Parts Pimp

Bike: 2002 R6, 2008 R6
Re: How-to: Install UniqueMotoLights Mini H1 Projector kit into 2006 - 2012 R6 headli

Awesome how to and great looking projectors. Those shrouds look pretty tuff!

My 02 Thread My 08 Thread
RIP BALLISTIK: We miss you Ricky!!!
Ask about:-STAHLBUS- -WOODCRAFT- -MOTUL- -FERODO- -BRAKE TECH- -BMC- -Battery Tender-LEO VINCE- -XT-RACING- -NGK- -SUOMY- -EBC- -Pro-Grip- -Canyon Dancer-
ChiefSmokeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 08:09 AM   #3
premiumdrummer
Just another r6'er

Bike: 10 Ducati Streetfighter S
Re: How-to: Install UniqueMotoLights Mini H1 Projector kit into 2006 - 2012 R6 headli

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefSmokeDawg View Post
They look to be mini gatling gun shroud. You can get normal gatling for fx-rs. A lot of people put the ccfl under the shroud so it looks like the below picture.. I have this set up coming in to put into my SFS, unsure if i will be using the CCFL though.

ASV lever - Carbon fiber tail - Carbon Fiber Undertail - Carbon Fiber Sides - Carbon fiber Tank Sides - Carbon Fiber Cowling Cover - Carbon Fiber Headlight - Rizoma Grips - Rizoma Bar End Mirrors - Rizoma Bar - Rizoma Pressure Plate - Rizoma Clutch Cover - Rizoma Under Tail - Rizoma Water Pump Slider - Rizoma axle Frame sliders - Rizoma shape sliders - Scorpio Sr-i1100 - Shift-tec Exhaust Hanger - Termigoni Exhaust

Gear
- Dainese Rebell Jacket (perf) - Dainese Delta Pro pants (perf) - Dainese Full Metal Gloves - SIDI Votice Air Boots - Nexx XR1R Carbon- Dainese wave g2 -
premiumdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 08:37 AM   #4
borka
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefSmokeDawg View Post
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by premiumdrummer View Post
They look to be mini gatling gun shroud. You can get normal gatling for fx-rs. A lot of people put the ccfl under the shroud so it looks like the below picture.. I have this set up coming in to put into my SFS, unsure if i will be using the CCFL though.

The problem with this, is that the regular size Gatling gun shroud will not fit the R6 headlight, the Mini Gatling that i am using fits perfectly!
Old 12-14-2011, 01:49 PM   #5
premiumdrummer
Just another r6'er

Bike: 10 Ducati Streetfighter S

Quote:
Originally Posted by borka View Post
Thanks!

The problem with this, is that the regular size Gatling gun shroud will not fit the R6 headlight, the Mini Gatling that i am using fits perfectly!
I'm not saying you did it wrong, just saying other options. Mini's are great projectors for small places. They give great output, and are easy to install. And with the reflector style retro it would defiantly be harder to fit fx-r's in there with gatling gun.

You can defiantly get normal gatling guns on an fx-r in a r6. A former member here has done it.
ASV lever - Carbon fiber tail - Carbon Fiber Undertail - Carbon Fiber Sides - Carbon fiber Tank Sides - Carbon Fiber Cowling Cover - Carbon Fiber Headlight - Rizoma Grips - Rizoma Bar End Mirrors - Rizoma Bar - Rizoma Pressure Plate - Rizoma Clutch Cover - Rizoma Under Tail - Rizoma Water Pump Slider - Rizoma axle Frame sliders - Rizoma shape sliders - Scorpio Sr-i1100 - Shift-tec Exhaust Hanger - Termigoni Exhaust

Gear
- Dainese Rebell Jacket (perf) - Dainese Delta Pro pants (perf) - Dainese Full Metal Gloves - SIDI Votice Air Boots - Nexx XR1R Carbon- Dainese wave g2 -
premiumdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 02:18 PM   #6
borka
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by premiumdrummer View Post
I'm not saying you did it wrong, just saying other options. Mini's are great projectors for small places. They give great output, and are easy to install. And with the reflector style retro it would defiantly be harder to fit fx-r's in there with gatling gun.

You can defiantly get normal gatling guns on an fx-r in a r6. A former member here has done it.
You are correct, with a no reflector fxr retrofit it might fit, although i haven't personally tried it.

I was just clearing up any confusion that might have happened from your reply, as the way i read it, one might come to think that in the retrofit i am showing in this thread, the regular gatling shroud will fit, instead of the Mini Gatling shroud. When in fact it will not fit and wont clear the reflector housing.
Old 12-14-2011, 07:12 PM   #7
RJ1crazy
I eat my R6

Bike: 07 candy red r6

damn you, now I don't have excuse not to get these. just need a wiring how to and this will be a perfect winter mod for me
RJ1crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 07:48 AM   #8
RJ1crazy
I eat my R6

Bike: 07 candy red r6

any update to a wiring how to?
RJ1crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 08:02 AM   #9
borka
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ1crazy View Post
any update to a wiring how to?
yes, I need a few more days, been real busy lately, as i also just came out with a brand new 600rr kit...

i will try to have this typed up in 2-3 days.
Old 12-31-2011, 09:04 AM   #10
Gundamzeppelin
Tons of juice. Crazyjuice

Bike: 13M1 Rep 05Aprila scooter

looks fantastic
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
Hunter S. Thompson
One does not sell the earth upon which the people walk.
Crazy Horse
ROTM Dec 2011/Sep 2013

^petrol_spice^ RIP Mulciber, BallistiK,GhostR6
'Any crash you can walk away from is a good one."
launchpad McQuack
Gundamzeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement